Friday, March 15, 2013

World War II Dictators

Blog #2- Due Friday, March 22nd

The Great Depression did not just affect the United States, but rather was a world-wide depression.  As in the United States, the people, desperate for relief from the depression, looked to the government for help.  Why do you think that people in countries like Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were willing to accept leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin?  How do you think these leaders planned to help their countries?  Do you think these leaders were completely evil, or do you think they truly believed they were doing what was best for their people?

79 comments:

  1. I think that countries like Germany, Italy, Japan, and the Soviet Union let people like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin because they were both afraid of them and they also loved them.i think that these leaders planned to help their country. They planned to help them by trying to expand their reign over the world. i think for the most part that all these dictators were evil. This is because Hitler killed over 8 million people just to reach the title of president in Germany. I also think that they were doing the best for their country in some way, shape, and form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree one reason was because they were scared. Everyone was afraid to speak out against them because they might have gotten killed or something!

      Delete
    2. I agree, just because we don't agree with what they were doing doesn't mean that it wasn't good in their eyes

      Delete
    3. I do not think the people "loved" their leaders because for Hitler people ran a underground plot to kill him so i think it was mainly out of respect or fear of them that they followed them.

      Delete
  2. i think countries were willing to take leaders like hitler, mussolini, tojo, andstalin because the countries were desprate to get out of the world wide depression. i think these leaders planned to get out of the depression byprinting new money. i don't think these leaders main purpose was to help their countries. i think they just wanted power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that they accept the dictators because, if they didn't the dictators would kill them or aggressively hurt them. I believe that the dictators were doing what was best for their countries, which in are case would probably wouldn't be in our case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think countries like germany, italy, japan, and the soviet union accepted dictators in their country for many reasons. one reason was because many of these couyntries were also going through hard ships. these countrirs needed help to get better so they accepted anyone who promised better qualities. i think that these leaders were not in it to bennifit their country but to bennefit them selves. for example, hitler promised to get germany back on top but instead killed many immigrants and even citizens to get what he wanted, a perfect race. i dont think that any of the dictators beleived they were helping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be the case for hitler to only benfit himself. What about Japan? they wanted to industrialize so they raided china to benfit their country. Is that not Tojo trying his best to help his country in a agreesive way? I think Tojo was trying his best to help his country.

      Delete
  5. I think people in those countries accepting dictators like Hitler because they needed answers and those dictators had all the answers. They thought that by blaming others for their failure was the real problem. I do not think these leaders were evil. I believe that they were very nationalistic people. And the people of their countries needed them talk to them and tell them it's going to be alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont thionk they had all the answers but the contries needed a leader to guide it.

      Delete
  6. they were willing to look at these people as leaders because the said that they could get them out of the great depression. they planed to help their countries by making it so that people like Jews were killed.i think that these people were evil because they knew they were doing the wrong thing like blaming Jews for everything like the great depression.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the people were in desperate need and would take anyone to help them get out of the despression. People just wanted a leader to take control of the situation and get rid of their problems.I do not think all the leaders were bad some of them had good intentions at first then power corrupted their thoughts and made some of them greedy for money and lust for power. The leaders were going to take control of the government and give people food and help industrialize the country to help modernize it to keep up with the world. The leaders would take out all the higher ranking people to prevent them from taking them out of power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with chickenman that leaders had good intentions but wanted more money and became extremely hostile.

      Delete
  8. patricksquarepantsMarch 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM

    because people didn't know what to do so they turned to people like Hitler Stalin and mussolini. i think they tried to help people by getting a perfect race and getting people to do something when told. these were people you did not want to mess with. these big leaders got what they wanted. i don't think they were evil it was the choices they made as rulers that were evil but not them. i think they did believe they were doing what was right for their country. like Hitler for example he believed that he should have a perfect race. so what did he do he did what he thought was right so he wiped out all the other people that weren't perfect like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with youu!I dont think that the people were evil, it was what they did. I also think they went crazy with the power they had...

      Delete
  9. i think countries were willing to accept these leaders because the countries were in need of a person who could lead them. these leaders most likely planned to help there countries by standing up for there people. i do not think that they are completely evil because they were just protecting their countries and their people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of these leaders didn't even protect their countries, they killed many inside their own country so they could be powerful. Some of them, in my opinion, just wanted to be in power so they had control over others and could do what they want.

      Delete
    2. I agree. These leaders were helping their people, even in their twisted ways. They did help their people much, but it was to further their own agendas. Hitler was a great leader, but due to his choice to persecute, he shall live on in imfamy.

      Delete
  10. I believe that other countries accepted leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin because they thought that a strong leader would help them come out of the depression and get back at the other countries they fought against during world war one. The leaders planned to take over the country and have things set how they want. I don't think that those leaders meant to be complexly evil but, if that was the case than their intensions were completely different than their actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The people thought their leader would fix all their probelms, but often caused more. I also agree that their goal was to take over the country and set things how they wanted. They didnt care for anyone else

      Delete
    2. I agree with Spederman19 because the people were suffering and they had nobody else to turn to. Those leaders seemed like the best option at the time.

      Delete
  11. I think that the people were willing to except these kinds of leaders because at the time of picking them they most likely didnt sound as bad as they became. I think these leaders thought they were doing what was right for their countries, but were really ruining them. Hitler thought that it would be better if he got rid of all the jews but that just caused total chaos and was unnessicary. People like that shouldnt be put into power.

    ReplyDelete
  12. people were willing to let these dictators take control because they were saying the right things and doing something to help their people out. these dictators were somewhat evil in their own way but over all they did it to help there coutrys and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my opinion i think these countrys were willing to accept these leaders for power and so they can get more and not have to work that hard, Another reason is so make it s people would wont to be on there side and they can gain power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the countries could have been doing that for power, but couldnt they have also been trying to get a different currency because some of the currencies were basically worthless??

      Delete
  14. i_heart_jenny_bebeMarch 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM

    i think they were willing to let leaders in like hitler, mussolini, tojo because they liked them and the people that did not like them did not get a voice.the leaders planned to help there country by thinking they were going to do something to change the world but didn't.i think these leaders weren't completely evil but truly thought they were doing the what was best for the countries. i think this because they did not look at what they were doing and they probably thought itwas good when we now it was bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why do you think that people in countries like Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were willing to accept leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin?

    i think people in countries like Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union accepted leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin because the countries we're trying to move forward from a depression and these leaders promised to help the people move on .

    How do you think these leaders planned to help their countries?

    these leaders planned to help their countries by promising they would help them and improve their countries

    Do you think these leaders were completely evil, or do you think they truly believed they were doing what was best for their people?

    I believe these leaders were doing what they thought was best even though they may not have been in their right mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the last answer, when you say you believe they were doing what they thought was right even if they weren't in their right mind, do you think that if they were they would make different decisions? The leaders like Hitler I think were perfectly sane and well aware of what their actions were causing. I just don't think they cared because even if they were doing what they thought best for the country as a whole, they still let their own beliefs and prejudices get in the way of helping everybody and instead only helped those who they personally had nothing against.

      Delete
  16. I think the people of these countries accepted these leaders because the leaders promised changed when they came.i Think these leaders planned to help these countries by getting rid of the non dominant races and only keeping the dominant ones. No i don't think that these leaders were completely evil because even though it may not have been right they did what they thought was going to make there country be the most powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join-The-Dark-Side23XDMarch 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM

      I completely agree I think they did plan to help them.

      Delete
    2. I think that the leaders thought they were doing good for their country too. Also that they promised change when they came into power.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you in the fact that these countries promised change; that's a practical reason for people in this era. These leaders wanted to escape the depression and the citizens thought they could do exactly that.

      Delete
    4. I do not agree. Killing milllions of people wouldn't make the country more powerful i think it's dumb. I believe they were evil and betrayed their countries

      Delete
    5. I agree with alec rockow because if a leader promises you something you would be willing to do what the leader says to get what you want.

      Delete
  17. they were willing to accept these leaders because they know how to talk to people and persuade people into doing what they say. These leaders planned to help thier countries by killing people getting thier countries back to the way it was and or better! i think that they tought that they were doing thier best for their countries but in the wrong way they could have did something else instead of killing millions of people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with bugs bunny101 because the leaders were doing what they thought was best for their country but not in the right way

      Delete
  18. I think others were willing to accept these leaders because they were afraid of them and because they had some good ideas, they might not have agreed with all of their decisions though. I think these dictators werent completely evil. They did really try and improve some problems but their solutions might have helped themself as much as the people. So they were trying to find a happy medium!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that people were willing to accept these types of leaders because they were desperate to get out of the depression. These leaders also promised change to the country to help the people. I believe that the4se leaders were not completely evil. That They were trying to benefit their country by doing what they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that they were not doing evil deeds out of pure evilness but for the benefit of their country.

      Delete
  20. I think the people of these countries accepted these leaders because the leaders promised changed when they came to power i think that helping these people the really thought that they were doing the right thing but they really didnt they thought that by killing people they would bring there country back to power they thought they were doing there best by killing people but it was really wrong

    ReplyDelete
  21. Join-The-Dark-SideXD23March 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

    I think that people in countries like Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were willing to accept leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin because they didn’t have a leader and they were desperate, plus because Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union we’re all afraid of Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin. I think these leaders planned to help their countries by helping the poor and the homeless get either better living conditions then they had, but the fact that they had power went to their heads and they were instantly turned power hungry. I think these leaders weren’t completely evil, but they truly believed they were doing what was best for their people.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that countries like Germany, Japan, Italy and the Soviet Union accepted leaders such as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini and Tojo because they believed these kinds of rulers would help their country rise up back into power during the depression. I think these leaders planned to help their countries by having the country prosper after a long time in depression. Above all, they convinced their citizens that their country will rise above all to achieve greatness. I do not believe all of the rulers were evil but I do believe some of them were. If the country was truly trying to be united, powerful and worthy of higher respect, I think there was no reason to exclude and kill a race. Those countries did not want and exceed the best for their people. Some of the leaders truly wanted peace among their country and their people such as the United States who stayed neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I believe that when a country is in a state of crisis, the people will look to help from anyone who promises to restore their country back to greatness. Hitler and Mussolini gained folowers through the power of speech. They were both great speakers that influenced the people that they would help their countries. Stalin cheated his way to the top. He killed all his opponents which meant that he would be the only one to choose as a leader. Tojo was apointed by the Emperor of Japan as the highest rank of military officer. He led the people to believe that imperialism was their main priorty and that they should take China to gain industrialization. He thought that the Japanese deserved China becase the were the greatest of all Asians. In my opinion I think that the intent of all of these leaders was for evil not for the better of their country.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that people accepted these leaders because they knew there was nothing they could really do and that they thought they might be anle to do some good for the country but later found out that wasnt the case. These leaders planned to help their country by gettig rid of people they thought werent perfect but no ones perfect. They killed people that werent good enough for them. I think that they honestly thought they were doing something good for their country even though it was horrible. They killed people that didnt deserve it and that was truely horrible ut they thought they were doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  25. people of these countries were willing to accept these leaders because they promised and said that they would change and bring in many positive influences. when adolf hitler seized power on january 30 1933 he knew that death would come apon him if he didn't restore or provide power to versailles germany. if hitler failed to do this , he knew that death would be coming his way quickly. hitler murdered millions of people. hitler helped germany out during the great depression. hitler like mussolini and roosevelt drafted many young men into the army, which reduced unemployment rates. he wanted to get money circulting in the economy. which turned out to be a negative aspect. these programs lead to a ecomonmic crash. britian was also bankrupt. japan and germany obviously almost used up their entire national wealth fighting. overall yes i think leaders were completly evil. i think this for many reasons. i think this because they had a wrong mind and also they did not do a single thing to help it's country in this economic crisis known as world war 2. thanks a lot hitler.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think that countries like Germany, Italy, Japan, and the Soviet Union let people like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin because they were both afraid of them and they also loved them. these leaders planned on helping their countries by getting them back on their feet. i believe these leaders thought they were doing the best thing
    for their country

    ReplyDelete
  27. i agree with chickenman92 because they did want some one to come along and hoped that they could help them get out of the depression.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think that the only reason country's like Germany, japan, and the soviet union accepted their leaders was because they were in a state of fear and panic due to the depression. The leaders were people that were excellent speakers that earned their followers vote and rose to power. I think these leaders planed to help their people by blaming their cause of trouble on other country's and then becoming an imperialist country and conquer there foes. I also think that the leaders had planned to rise up their country's and treat there citizens like wealthy men and women, but they got carried away and grew power hungry an started killing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  29. People in countries like Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were willing to accept leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin because the leaders promise thing for their country and changes to happen. These leaders planned to help their countries by killing the ones that hurt their countries. The leaders were going to show that they were the superior race.

    ReplyDelete
  30. People in Germany believed Hitler because they wanted to believe him he told they what they wanted to believe they were treated badly in ww1.

    ReplyDelete
  31. In my opinion the people were willing to accept their leaders because their leaders were persuasive to the people and they demanded respect,loyalty and they were powerful to each other. The leaders had planned to kill their opponents or enemies to make their countries they hoped to regain their lost country as a whole.They were in the wrong by murdering innocent people but in the end they were a good contribute to this society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you but in the end this did not lead them to victory.

      Delete
  32. I think people accepted thes leaders because they mostly reflected their emotions. For example people chose Hitler because Hilter said who cares about the treaty of vercilles and ignored it. People since they hated it looked up to Hitler and therfore allowed he to lead the country. I think they planned to help there countrys by taking whatever they could from the people who could not stop them from taking their stuff. I think they did this simple because their country needed it and because they could. I belive Jospeph Stalin thought he was doing what was best for his country but in reality he was hurting it by doing so. As for hitler he is pure evil because of the way he treats people who are not his footstool. Killing people because they are not pure german is not a reason right to kill someone.

    ReplyDelete
  33. i think that the people were willing to accept the new leaders because it sounded like a good idea at the time and most of the leaders were very good public speakers. i think that some leaders either wanted pure power or they genuinly thought that they were going to/helping their country. i think that some of the leaaders were just power-hungry and others were completly insane and thought they were doing what was nesscessary for their country.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think people were willing to accept their leaders because the were desperate. They were looking for answers to their problems. I also belive they for the most part came into power thinking they can support the country, then realised how much power they had and abused it. I also think that they belived they were doing the best for the country, but at the same time the best for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The people of these countries were willing to accept the leaders they got because they promised things that the people had only dreamt of. Some of the leaders though they were helping their country while other's who were very selfish didn't care as long as they were in power. These people were definatly not evil they thought the world revolved around themselves, that is vien not evil.What they did was not right but it was what they thought was right.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I believe these people were willing to accept people like Hitler and Mussolini because their circumstances were bad enough for them to look for any person who could look tough and sound correct. These people planned to help their country by eliminating others until it was "perfect". I also believe these people thought about what they were doing and knew the problems with doing it. They were just twisted enough to do these things anyway, because it seemed like it would help their country.

    ReplyDelete
  37. i think that these countries accepted these leaders except for Germany. these countries chose their leaders because they were in desperate need of a strong and powerful leader to pull the country out of the great depression and get them back on their feet. while in Germany, Adolf Hitler obtained power by forcing his way in. He didnt win by democratic vote. he just made it look like he did. though i do believe that all these leaders planned to help their countries. they planned to help them by gaining land and resources which of course were scarce in these countries considering the treaty of versailles taking everything away. i also do not believe that these leaders were completely evil. even Hitler, considering what he did to all those innocent people, wasnt completely evil. Hitler was actually the victim of a disturbed man that knew which strings to pull to make Hitler dance.

    ReplyDelete
  38. These men were great leaders, but it was all of their own lust for power. Stalin helped his country, but he killed many and mostly wanted power. Hitler greatly helped Germany, but he furthered his own plans for world domination. He even planned to take his Mussolini and Tojo's land after he was done using them. They were helping their countries much, but fulfilling their own agendas even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  39. People were willing to accept dictators and leaders from these countries because they were good speakers and they promised to achieve greatness. These leaders most important goal was to help their countries economically. I dont think the leaders were evil, yet they were willing to do anything that would be the best for themselves and their country. The lust for power can often be mistaken as evil.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Countries like Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were willing to accept leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, and Stalin because they promised to bring them out of the depression and promised to get back the things taken from them in the treaty of versallies.
    I think that the leaders were not evil but they beilieved in their cause.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i like all the countries that participated, but i didnt like hitler bc he was very rude he killed people who didnt have blonde hair and blue eyes like really ur just going to kill someone bc of theri hair color and eye color. i personaly like mussolini bc i thought he was a very good leader to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  42. i also agree with alec rockow bc whoever that person is had some very good details about the leaders and who they liked

    ReplyDelete
  43. The people were willing to except these leaders because the leaders persuaded them and made it seem like they were going to do good. I think that the leaders were evil but in their minds they were doing good because that's how they wanted the country to be. Like hitler for example he wanted a certain race so he killed everyone else and in his mind he probably didn't see anything wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  44. In countries were dictators rose to power the people were able to accept that because they were either in a economic depression, or they were persuaded by the leader that they were better than other countries. The people of Germany let hitler rise to power because they needed someone to lead them out of the depression and hitler fired up the nation by telling them what they want to hear. Hitler told them they were aryan, or the perfect blond hair blue eye race. Benito Mussolini rose to power in Italy to get what Italy he felt deserved from the treaty of Versailles. Hideki Tojo rose to power in Japan and invaded china because he persuaded his people they were the perfect Asian race and that they deserved to own china and Korea. In my opinion all of the dictators were evil because they forced people to live a certain way or they could be killed or jailed. Also some dictators sent people to concentration camps because the dictator wanted to get rid of certain races.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think people were willing to easily accept and suppost dictators because they were in a depression and it might have seemed like the current government wasn't doing a good or good enough job and out of the two options the dictator would be able to help them. While they were in the middle of the depression most people must of been eager for a way out of it and willing to do rash things to make things better if not for only them then their country as a whole, it being letting someone like Hitler take over or being someone like Hitler and taking over. I think the dictators honestly thought they were doing the right thing to help their country. They might have succumbed to their personal grudges or prejudices but I think they thought they were honestly trying to help their country and people, the ones they likes anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The people of these countries were willing to accept these leaders because most countries during the time period were desperate for a change and they thought these leaders would give them change. I believe these leaders would attempt to change the way the country is so it could be 'fixed'. I also believe these leaders thought they were doing what was best for their country but some leaders, such as Hitler, went and killed millions which I believe on that standing, is truly evil.

    ReplyDelete
  47. i think countries like Germany, Italy, Japan, and the Soviet Union were willing to take leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, tojo, and Stalin because the countries were desperate to get out of the world wide depression. I think that the leaders planned to help their countries by building enough strength in their country and then go and get what they want from other countries to build theirs up. I also think that the leaders were trying to do the best for their country by doing bad.

    ReplyDelete
  48. during the world war 2, countries had dictators that did things to make their country better. Adolf hitler was a dictator for germany and took land from other countries so that the country could have land. the treaty of versailles made germany lose many land and money. they get their countries the best. many countries needed this so that they could go somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I agree with Patricksquarepants that the leaders actions were evil and corrupt and also inhumane. Some of these leaders became corrupt with power because they started to gain land and conquer new people. They also believed they were a divine race and they thought they were pure breeds and they were the top race of the world and should be treated with royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  50. i believe in world war 2 people in countries like germany japan and italy accepted dictators because they were in a depression and they blamed it on a democracy that they currently had because of it. the dictators promised the citizens that they could get the country out of the depression and the people of that country believed them. I think what these dictators was very evil because they blamed the depression on jews and other minorities for no reason and they killed them just because they could and had the power to kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I believe that countries like Germany, Japan, Soviet Union, and Italy accepted those leaders because the leaders promised good things were coming. They also did because they had nobody else to turn to. I think Stalin, Mussolini, and Tojo were not completely evil like Hitler. I believe they followed him because they thought he was the strongest, and they wanted to gain power. They thought gaining more power would help their countries.

    ReplyDelete
  52. People in countries like Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were willing to accept leaders like Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo and Stalin because they wanted to depend on a strong leader that would lead them to victory. These leaders planned to help their country by leading to a victory that benefited only them. I think that they believed that they were doing what was best for the country. Many people were desperate for the feeling of victory and revenge and would do anything to get to that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  53. The counries picked their leaders beacuse of what they had promised their people. I think that the leaders like Adolf Hitler thuoght they were doing what was best for their country.

    ReplyDelete
  54. (sorry i am late but i was sick this week an unaware there was a blog up)

    countries such as Germany, Japan, Italy and the Soviet Union accepted leaders such as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini and Tojo because they were angry and desperate. they feared their country might fall and were willing to do anything to prevent it even if that means choosing a leader who you don't necessarily agree with. they were tired of failure and needed strength from a more powerful government. someone who could help their nation rise once again. in countries such as Germany, the people did not believe a certain race such as the Jews were responsible for their failure but they needed someone to blame besides themselves. many even didn't like the leader but they need a more powerful county. the acts leaders such as Hitler attempted were not acts of justice or renewal but rather acts of revenge.world war one created anger among many countries especially Germany with the treaty of Versailles. these leaders were not completely evil but they were mad and insane. some leads killed millions of innocent people jut because they were different. their acts were of revenge rather than doing what's best for their country.

    ReplyDelete
  55. (sorry i am late but i was sick this week an unaware there was a blog up)

    i agree with “RizingSuns” in the fact that the people were afraid. hitler was a dictator so there was not a fair vote on how many people liked him. once he got power many i not like their leader but did not have much choice. they saw the leaders power and knew he could easily destroy them. people became cowards and just tried to follow the crowd to avoid trouble. they did not have the power to speak out and fight their leader so they just followed along. they thought things will just get better on its own but they were wrong. Hitler and other leaders became too powerful and the people became their puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I think countries like Germany just thought that they were doing what was best for their country, like Adolf hitler .

    ReplyDelete
  57. I believe some dictators thought they were helping their countries while others wanted personal power. I think they were accepted out of a combination of fear and belief they would help the country.

    ReplyDelete
  58. because the people needed some one to fowul and give them hope.they said that they would get all the land that they lost. doth

    ReplyDelete